Dear Horizon Families,
This year seems to be flying by, as we are already approaching the end of the first quarter. With that said, our teachers and staff will be finalizing report cards in the coming days to provide you with the current progress your child has made. Although the report cards are to be expected, we want to inform that we will be drastically changing our method of delivery for not only report cards, but for progress reports moving forward.
Horizon Science Academy is excited to announce that beginning with the first report card for the 2016-2017 school year, we will be transitioning to a paperless report card and progress report system for all our students. Report cards and progress reports will no longer be sent or mailed home in a paper format. Instead, parents/guardians will need to access and review their child’s progress report/report card online via the Concept Student Information System or CSIS which is easily accessible on are website.
The shift to a paperless report card/progress report is a natural progression in the use of technology integration in our school and has many benefits, some of which are as follows:
- Parents/Guardians will have real-time access to their child’s reports cards/progress reports as each will be accessible as soon as it is posted and can be accessed anytime, day or night.
- Parents/Guardians, as well as their child, will not need to worry about lost or misplaced reports cards/progress reports as each will be available online throughout the year.
- Horizon will operate more efficiently and save money in the form of printing, postage, and labor.
In order to utilize and take advantage of this incredible tool that will keep parents more informed about their child’s progress, you will need, and should have already received a CSIS username and password for your account. The username and passwords were mailed home on a flyer weeks ago with a label for them to place it somewhere of their choice. It should also be on the inside of each student’s planner/folder. If you do not already have an account or are having trouble accessing your student’s academic information, please contact the front office at 440-282-4277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the step by step directions below or watch the video for a short tutorial on how to view/print online report cards or progress reports. If you’re still having trouble, please feel free to contact us with questions and comments. Below are the step by step directions.
- Go to horizonlorain.org
- Click on Grades Online (right side of the screen)
- Enter Username and Password
- Click on the dropdown arrow for Term Grades
- In the right corner click on either Progress Report or Report Card
- Please note that the most current progress report or report card will be in there at the time of checking.
- Click here to access the video tutorial.
For those without access to a computer, paper copies of report cards can be printed in the front office at our IPad kiosk, or can be requested for pickup in the front office at a scheduled time.
In closing, we believe technology is an important part of our school and provides options for our parents. It also enables transparency, convenience, and maximizes one of our most precious commodities, time. We realize that new technology can often cause inadvertent obstacles, but we know you share our vision towards making our school the best. Therefore, we thank you in advance for embracing this change and appreciate the commitment you have entrusted to us as educators.