Why Donate to HSA Lorain?
Home of the Cyclones
There are many reasons to donate HSA Lorain!
- Our mission is to provide supplemental funding and support for educational programs and projects in classroom innovation for the benefit of students in the HSA Lorain.
Adding more innovation and creativity into our classrooms!
- Our funding helps teachers and staff innovate in the classroom! Creativity and innovation in the classroom helps encourage students to find an answer, solve problems and transfer skills to real life situations. Many of our donations, grants and other funding sources support project-based learning and design thinking. Teachers in our school find ways to unleash student creativity and involve students in their own learning.
What benefits do I receive by giving to the school?
- Your gift provides teachers the opportunity to implement creative and innovative learning opportunities above and beyond what state funding mandates.
- You can receive a tax deduction and other tax advantages when giving. Horizon Science Academy of Lorain is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Charitable gifts to HSA Lorain can be claimed as a tax deduction on both federal and state income tax returns.
How will my donation be used?
My donation may be undesignated, designated or both. It may be in honor of someone special. My undesignated contribution supports marketing efforts and our teacher grant award programs. This amount ensures the growth of the foundation. (In order for the Foundation to grow- undesignated giving is essential. All funds must be spent in the year they are received and any unspent funds not used within one year shall revert equally to the grants and endowment funds.
My designated contribution supports:
- Individual teacher classrooms
- Special school or network-wide programs
- Booster Clubs
In closing, thank you for your partnership and supporting the students, teachers and programs HSA Lorain.
- To make a donation online, click on the link below.
- Checks/Money Orders- Send to: Horizon Science Academy of Lorain- 760 Tower Blvd. Lorain, Ohio 44052
All information submitted on this form is transmitted securely and kept private by HSA Lorain, a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization established to find supplemental funding for projects and programs at our school.
Please call the HSA Lorain at 440-282-4277, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.