Dear Horizon Families,
We hope everyone is having a fantastic summer and enjoying the beautiful weather! As you know, school will be here before you know it and we thought that it would be important for our students and parents to be reminded of the upcoming events, changes, and other pertinent information that will be implemented for the new school year. Below we have outlined the information for you:
Summer Office Hours & Information:
- Front office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call ahead because our offices may be closed for minor construction.
- Great news, we’ve recently formed a new partnership SchoolBelles! In an effort to bring cost down and make it more convenient for our families, SchoolBelles provides online uniform purchases as well as instore purchases in Cleveland (4747 W 160th St, Cleveland, OH 44135). The online ordering will look different than in previous years and will take some getting used to; however they’re already planning for a website makeover throughout the year to fit our needs. If you have any trouble on the website you can call their customer service number at 1-888-637-3037 to help guide you through the process or visit the store location in Cleveland.
Important Calendar Reminders & School Information:
- Updated Dress Code Policies
- K-12 School Supply List
- School Calendar
- Thursday, August 9th Open House for grades K-12 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (At least one parent is required to attend)
- Monday, August 13th – First Day of School for Kindergarten, 6th grade, and 9th grade students ONLY.
- Tuesday, August 14th – All students report to school for grades K-12
- Tuesday, August 28th – Picture Day with Life Touch- Uniform only pictures
- Click here for your child’s Summer Reading packets per grade level. For K-8 your Summer Reading packets are highly recommended and meant to be as reading enrichment throughout the summer months. Each grade levels teacher will do some kind of incentive for the packets that are turned in on the first day of school. For 9-12 your high school teachers may have required this for their course and will be asking for it the first day of school. If you should need another copy throughout the summer we have attached the packets here. Special Notes when printing: K-2 (1st through 3rd), your packet is either packet A, B, C. Please print out one of them based on your level. A is geared towards K, B is geared towards 1st, and C is geared towards 2nd. *If you find your grade levels packet too challenging/too easy for you, you may print out the grade below or above to complete. The rest of the packets are assigned by the grade level you are going in to. So for ex. If you are a third grader you will do the third grade going into 4th grade packet. 8th graders will do the 9-12th packet etc.
Don’t forget that August 3rd – 5th have been declared Tax Free, Back-to-School Shopping Days in Ohio. (See the link below) We wanted to be sure to get this information over to you as soon as possible so you might take advantage of this program this year. See the link below for more information. Happy shopping!!!
Please remember to work on your summer reading and enrichment projects over the summer. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and look forward to seeing you back in August for a brand new school year!!