The week of January 21 – Jan 27, our school celebrated National School Choice Week. In an effort to support such a great cause we participated the best way we knew how, by spreading knowledge about the “Power of Choice.”
- Monday, we sent a fact/fiction page about charter schools and began our daily trivia about charter schools on the morning announcements.
- Tuesday, we showed the entire school a short movie in individual classrooms about school choice and our K-5 students created “I Love My School” posters.
- Wednesday, middle and high school students created short videos answering the question “Why I Love Horizon?” The top three videos were voted on, and the winning video received a Horizon Sprit T-Shirt and a week-long dress down pass. Check them out below.
- Thursday, Horizon parents participated in our parent writing contest to show how choice has impacted their child’s life. See the awesome things parents are saying about our school below.
- Friday, our school united by dressing down in yellow shirts, scarfs, and sweaters to symbolize we support school choice.
Overall, the entire week was a great success and we thank all those that support our school and the power of “choice!”
”Horizon Science Academy has been a life changer for not only my son, but my whole family. This school has showed my son and us that a school is not just a learning place, but a place to grow and a place for family.” Angel H. – Parent of a High School Student.
“I have three children who go to HSA Lorain. HSA is an amazing school; there are great people who work there and amazing teachers who work with my children. We are thankful for the education they are able to receive. HSA has made me feel even stronger about it because they work together with families each day and guide their children to know that they are capable to do and be whatever they want when they grow up.” Ciara G. – Parent of three students
Video Testimonies- Why Students Love Horizon?